Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sanctum UPDATE

By Helix / Eqzitara
[Video Preview is slightly out of date]

UPDATE:
Converted to Helix's UDK Script. Shadows Improved.
Fixed remaining issues from previous build. Added crosshair toggle.

If interested in my thoughts/optimizations on game check my blog post HERE

OPTIONAL
Crosshair ON      F2[DEFAULT]
Crosshair OFF    F3

REQUIRED
-Turn Distortion OFF in game settings.
-Go to...\Users\....\Documents\my games\Sanctum\SanctumGame\Config\Sanctumengine.ini
CHANGE
AllowNvidiaStereo3d=False
TO
AllowNvidiaStereo3d=True

INSTALL TO
\sanctum\Binaries\Win32

ISSUES REMAINING:
Very minor hud issues.
============================================
If you like this fix I accept Paypal Donations at EQZITARA@YAHOO.COM or my PATREON.
Please keep in mind I am only one person at helixmod and all donations will go only towards myself.
Thank you for your support.

11 comments:

  1. amazing, please keep going. love your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will do.
      I was kind of worried that no one would try it since it was an indie game though its tons of fun. Looks good in 3d imo. Was really in the mood for a game like this because orcs must die 2 is coming out tuesday.I logged on steam yesterday thinking it was that tuesday but nope its next tuesday lol. So decided to play this instead since I never beat it.

      Delete
    2. UGH,
      Be sure to look for an update today/tommorrow(I will update title). It looks like I need to fix how maps after 4 display in 3d. I should of learned my lesson from a long time ago. Don't post till done.

      Delete
  2. Just a note since the forums are down... Inversion is 3D Vision ready! No fixes needed for this one. I just got into it but all the usual 3D problems do not exist in this game...they even got 3D crosshairs in v1.0 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats kind of cool. Game got terrible reviews and is probably bad judgeing from them BUT I dont think they are selling a "game" they are selling an engine. Sort of like they made unreal tournament for unreal engine but it was more about the engine then the game.
      Hopefully they can get more people to use their engine.

      Delete
  3. G'Day,

    When I rename sanctumgame-win32-shipping to Sanctumgame.exe and try to start the game it comes up with "Failed to start missing executable"
    Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldnt be necessary(I believe)
      You can just use nvidiainspector and add your .exe to the sanctum profile. I only mentioned it because nvidia never added the right .exe to the profile(no sli).

      I talk about how to do so for borderlands 2 here
      http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/09/borderlands-2-3d-vision-patch.html

      Delete
    2. Thank You that worked perfectly.

      Delete
    3. NP. Have fun.


      Out of curiosity. Did it not work before rename? Its been a while since I wrote that fix and I honestly cant remember

      Delete
  4. You can up the number of gibs and ragdolls by changing the file:
    \My Games\Sanctum\SanctumGame\Config\SanctumSettings.ini

    Just change the settings:
    MaxNumRagdolls=5
    MaxNumRagdolls=10
    MaxNumRagdolls=15
    MaxNumRagdolls=20
    MaxNumRagdolls=25

    These are the settings for low/medium/high/very high (I don't remember if the last entry is used or not as there is no ultra)

    Same for MaxNumGibs

    Cheers,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete