Friday, December 8, 2023

Ys Origin



3D Vision (DX9, for 3D Vision drivers only) and geo-11 (DX11) fixes for Ys Origin. The geo-11 fix needs dgVoodoo to convert the game from DX9 to DX11.


Fixed
- Water refraction and reflections.
- Reflections in the "Hall of Reflection" area.
- Stereoized specular reflections of mirrors (in the geo-11 fix only).


Installation (DX9)
- Download this file and extract its contents in the root folder of the game (where "yso_win.exe" is).

Hotkeys (DX9)
- F1: high convergence preset.
- F2: low convergence preset.

Different separation and convergence values can be saved with ctrl+F7 after loading a preset.



Installation (DX11)
geo-11 (with build v0.6.182): download this file and extract its contents in the root folder of the game ("Ys Origin", where "yso_win.exe" is). Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to change your "direct_mode" to the output you need. For 3D Vision monitors, "nvidia_dx11" may be the only one that works (I can't test this mode).
- Install dgVoodoo (v2.82.1 at the time of writing this. Use it in case newer versions may break the fix) by copying the "MS\x86\D3D9.dll" file to the folder where you installed the fix. Then run "dgVoodooCpl.exe" to configure dgVoodoo similar to this (VRAM needed or useable may vary for you):




- The first time you install dgVoodoo for the game, you should run the game config first, to set your resolution. It's important to enable "32-bit Textures". I saw dgVoodoo having problems with videos when that option was disabled.


- Run the game.



Hotkeys (DX11)
- F1: three convergence presets (8, 16, 24). 16 by default.


If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
Or you can join my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/masterotaku

4 comments:

  1. I'm no longer getting 3D depths from Ys games (including Ys Origin). The view is entirely flat.

    I tried increasing the convergence all the way, but nothing is changing or popping out. I tried to troubleshoot without any mods and with the mod fix here. Other games like Rocket Knight work fine with 3D depths.

    It's been more than a year since I played in 3D so I had to reinstall Nvidia display drivers with 3D Vision support (currently using driver ver. 391.35), and ensured 3D was working after running couple tests. I don't know if the recent drivers change or nullify the profile settings for Ys Origin.

    Can someone check and verify if Ys Origin still has 3D depths on your setup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it fixed and I'm not entirely sure how/why. I switched Ys Origin's profile to "Mass Effect" via Nvidia Inspector, and the game now has 3D depths. Then I switched its profile settings back to what it was before (0x00000000 (Dragon Age 2)), and the 3D depths is still working.

      I hate to say it, but it seems like the issue fixed itself.

      Delete
  2. I found shadows to be really messed up with the default Nvidia profile (on driver 452). Changing StereoTextureEnable = 0x00000027 fixed them for me. I'm not sure if an update changed the shader hashes, but the pools of water in the first room have 1-eye reflections.

    ReplyDelete